Enrollment – Walnut Valley USD Residents
Enrollment in District schools is processed at the individual school site.
You will need the following documents to enroll your child:
- If student is living with parent(s):
- Either a close of escrow paper, current monthly mortgage statement, current year's property tax statement, current rental/lease agreement, or current month rental receipt, and
- A current utility bill or utility turn-on receipt (gas, water or electric), and
- A DMV form (driver's license or California I.D.) with current address, and
- A form of student identification (with name, date of birth, photo, etc.)
- If student is living with a guardian:
- Same residency proof as for parents in #1 above plus proof of legal guardianship. Note that legal gaurdianships can only be obtained through a Court Order.
- If student is living with a relative, and legal guardianship has not been obtained, a "Caregiver's Authorization Affidavit" form must be completed.
- If student's family moves into the home of another family:
- Declaration of Residency document (Part I and Part II) are required. The family with proof of residence must meet the requirements of #1 above. If a family has a child already enrolled in the Walnut Valley Unified School District, a current utility bill is required as proof of continued residence.
If your child is entering kindergarten, you will also need:
- Proof of age (birth certificate, passport, or notarized baptismal record)
- Proof of current physical examination (In order to meet State requirements, must have occurred after March 1 of the year that the child is starting school)
- Proof of an oral health assessment no earlier than 12 months prior to enrollment.
If your child is entering transitional kindergarten, please click here.
A child whose birth date falls on September 2, 2017-February 28, 2018, will be accepted into Transitional Kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year.
For more information, please call the school office directly, or call the Educational Services Department at the District Office at 909-595-1261.
To determine your home school for registration, please go to the school locater. Please visit your home school's website to download enrollment forms or visit Parent Resources, then click on Forms.