Hello WVUSD Families,
As we continually transition and adapt to the pandemic, please take note of the changes at our school sites related to COVID-19 outlined below. We continue to follow the guidelines set forth by Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
· Students and staff who have a confirmed case of COVID-19 must isolate from others for five (5) days.
· Students and staff may return to school or work after the five-day isolation period if they have improved symptoms and have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication.
· It is no longer required to present a negative COVID-19 test to return to school or work after the initial five-day isolation period.
· Anyone who is returning after having COVID-19 should wear a mask for days six (6) through ten (10).
· Anyone who has been identified as a close contact should wear a mask for 10 days after exposure and should test three days after exposure.
Los Angeles County, the State of California, Cal OSHA, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) are all aligned to these new guidelines. Walnut Valley USD is still required to notify families if their child has been in a classroom with a confirmed positive case of COVID-19, as this would make them a close contact. You may still receive email notifications from your school site if your child has been near someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
Please continue to monitor your student’s health as we navigate the next stage of the pandemic. If your student has a fever, please do not send them to school until they have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication, and we encourage you to test your student for COVID-19.