May 25, 2022
Dear WVUSD Families,
We are deeply saddened by the devastating shooting that took place at Robb Elementary School in Texas. Our hearts grieve for these innocent lives lost, for families and staff, and the entire Uvalde community.
We understand this tragedy may impact students, staff and families. Children may have questions, and/or feel the need to talk about what has happened. We have put together some resources that may be helpful during this difficult time.
Los Angeles County Office of Education Resources:
- Parent Guidelines for Helping Youth After the Recent Shooting(The National Child Traumatic Stress Network – English/Spanish)
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers(National Association of School Psychologists)
- Helping Children Cope with Frightening News(Child Mind Institute)
- Coping in the Aftermath of a Shooting(American Counseling Association)
- Teaching in the Wake of Violence(Facing History and Ourselves)
- EASE: 24/7 EASE confidential hotline available: 1-800-882-1341
WVUSD Educational Services