All Walnut Valley students will experience an exceptional education in a supportive, safe, and healthy environment, giving them the skills, ethics and courage to achieve their dreams in the world of today and tomorrow.
Walnut Valley Unified, a premier school district committed to "KIDS FIRST - Every Student, Every Day," will prepare all students to thrive in a rapidly changing, competitive, global economy by teaching them 21st Century skills through quality programs that include Academics, Arts, Athletics, and Activities.
Our Commitment to Excellence
We Believe …
- All students have the right to learn in schools focused on guiding them to become lifelong learners and to achieve at their highest levels.
- Strong teaching is essential to student achievement.
- It is important to instill in students the desire and skills necessary to become innovative thinkers, problem solvers, and effective decision makers, thereby contributing to society and becoming an integral part of the global community.
- We enrich our community by valuing the beliefs of different cultures and individuals while respecting our American heritage.
- It is important to teach and promote good health for students and staff through strong curriculum, appropriate choices, positive examples, and by providing the programs and facilities necessary to foster healthy lifestyles.
- All students and staff have the right to learn and work in a safe, clean, healthy and supportive environment.
- Integrity, fostered by personal and social responsibility, enables students and staff to make ethical choices.
- Students, parents, and staff must work together for common goals through mutual respect and district-wide collaboration.
- Leadership embodies integrity, vision, commitment, courage, and the empowerment of all students and staff.
- Legislators, parents, community members, and businesses must work with schools to produce a higher-quality education.
- The educational process is dynamic and requires continuous creativity and innovative approaches to enrich schools and curriculum.
- The effective management of resources supports and enhances the instructional program, extra-curricular opportunities and support services.
- All staff should conduct themselves with the highest degree of professionalism, respect, and courtesy.